Skip to main content

Hi everyone I've just recently bought Lucid and I'm very new to an office environment so I have a very basic question would be really valuable if someone could help. 

I was attracted to using Lucid for it's templates particularly the timeline templates that I'm using for a project I'm doing. What I'm struggling with is I assumed they'd be more dynamic in that I I could input text but then if I came back later to add more text it would automatically move the timeline down. I'm using a template that is just a serious of circles marking a certain date and then lines drawn down connecting to another circle and so on. But it seems that to create more space between one set of circles I have to manually move everything. Move each circle down delete the line and create a longer one etc etc. That's very laborious and I presume there is a more efficient way of doing it I wondered if someone could help? Or point me to somewhere I can find out

As I said I am coming from a place of very basic office skills which is partly why I was attracted to the templates

Thanks for the help

Hi Joseph

Thanks for commenting in our Community! For a more dynamic timeline experience I would suggest looking into a few of our Lucidspark Templates. The Timeline Template is a personal favorite that helps me stay organized year to year.

This timeline allows you to easily visualize events/tasks by month. You can then copy/paste the timeline to visualize an additional year if you need to. The possibilities are endless! It is a great option to show a sequence of events over time in chronological order without adjusting spacing. 
You could also consider working with swim lanes or gantt charts in your Lucidchart diagram to help display timeline information more clearly but will require more editing on your end.
If you'd like to swap your Lucidchart subscription to a Lucidspark subscription please fill out this form to reach the billing department and they can help with your request.