Skip to main content

I tried to move an existing shared folder to a team's folder. When I did the move the entire folder just disappeared and I can not see it under team's folder either. Will you please help? I am hopeful that I did loss the entire folder's documents 

Hi Rachel 

Thanks for posting in the community! Our support team will continue to troubleshoot this issue with you in the ticket you've submitted. For anyone else having trouble with Team Folders please begin by reviewing our Team Folders article from our help center and post any questions about specific functionality below!

Hello I also would like to move/link to some documents shared with me to a team folder. There are many people/teams who look at these so I want them to retain access however I'd like to organize them in a sensible way.

Hi Jenny 

Thanks for posting! To move a document into a Team Folder you can simply drag it from your My Documents section. Please see the GIF below for a demonstration.

Team Folders are not owned by any individual team member. Instead team members can choose who can access and edit Team Folders and the corresponding documents. You may want to manage editing permissions with your documents.  Any team member with editing and sharing permissions for a Team Folder can add or remove other collaborators and manage (add delete edit or share) documents and folders within the Team Folder.

I recommend reviewing our Team Folders article from our help center and post any questions about specific functionality below! 

Thank you however I'm not trying to move my documents. I've read through the article but it doesn't address my question. I'm trying to move a folder shared with me to a team folder. Could you help with that please?

Hi Jenny

Thanks for following up. Apologies for the confusion. Currently only admins can drag folders into Team Folders. If you need to move a folder into a Team Folder share the folder with your admin. For more information on this please review the Team Folder Ownership section of the documentation we've shared.