Skip to main content

Hello, 
I have two shapes, one is a milestone and the other is a divider, that represent the current date. They both move on a timeline. Currently I move them manually to the current date, however I was wondering if there was a way to set the milestone and divider shapes to move on the timeline to the current date automatically? 
Thanks for the help in advance!  

Good afternoon,

This is a great question. I believe you can use the today marker or milestone features on the timeline to accomplish what you are asking. Please let me know if that isn’t what you meant, and we can look further at a solution.

Hi Shantel, 

Thanks for the reply!
I should have clarified that I am using Lucidchart not Lucidspark. Here is what part of my setup looks like:

I was wondering if there was a way to get the yellow milestone and line to move along this timeline based on today’s date. If the best solution is to use your suggestion above in Lucidspark, I can see if this would work with the other aspects we normally use in Lucidchart and maybe I will switch to that fully.

Thanks!

Hi @ReillyH,

Thanks for your response! 

A workaround for this could be to initially use a Lucidspark template within Lucidspark > select Today Marker > then click Edit in Lucidchart. The Today Marker feature remains while you keep on editing your timeline within Lucidchart.

Let me know if this works for you and if you have any other questions! Cheers!