Skip to main content

I have two layers on a drawing that was created in LucidChart. I started with everything on one layer. Then I selected a bunch of symbols by drawing a selection box around them right clicked and moved them to a new layer. That all worked fine. Now I want to move them back. When I draw a selection box around them a boundary appears around the whole group but right clicking in white space inside the boundary does not give me an option to move them. If I right click on an object I get the move option but it only moves the object I clicked on. There are enough objects that it would be a real nuisance to have to shift-click on every one of them. How can I select all of the objects easily and move them back to the parent layer? The parent layer does not have an eye icon for making it invisible.

Hi Tom

Thanks for reaching out on Lucidchart Community! I believe the issue is that all of the objects aren't selected when you change the layer. Make sure all the objects in the layer are selected by using the hotkey ‘CTRL + A’ before you right click and select ‘Send to’ on one of the objects. On Macs the hotkey is ‘CMD + A.’

As far as the eye missing from the base layer: Since that layer is considered a background layer it is always visible. If you would like to toggle visibility it needs to be an added layer.

Let me know if you have any questions!