Skip to main content

It seems as if only the basic mindmap template (and corresponding shapes) have the characteristic of being able to Tab and Enter to create child and sibling nodes or perhaps I'm missing something.

One of the example templates uses the Sticky Note shapes but you can't seem to use the mindmap hotkeys (or autoarrange or level formatting) with those.  

Am I right?

Hi Toby

Thanks for posting in the Lucidchart Community! Yes you are correct – hotkeys are only available for mind maps. You can find more information on mind maps here. Let me know if you have additional questions. 

Hey having read the article attached the hotkeys that are mentioned don't work?  I select a an idea and hit "enter" or "tab" and neither do anything?

Hi Lee

Thanks for posting in the Community!

I have just tested on my end and the Enter and Tab hotkeys worked for me. Can you confirm that you are working on a Lucidchart document as opposed to a Lucidspark document? 

Note that the mind mapping feature including the hotkeys as described in the Help Center article linked above is only available in Lucidchart.