Skip to main content

Since I got approval to purchase LucidChart (for Visio alternative on Mac) I was excited to see Mind Mapping.  But I'm having an annoying issue where if a create a new Mind Map any Child or Sibling idea shapes have a dark outline and the Line Color option is greyed out when I select the shape and attempt to edit.  All it will allow me to do is edit the internal shape color.  I know this can be done because if I create a new Mind Map using the template "Digital Marketing Mind Map" not only are the Child and Sibling shapes not outlined but you can also edit the line color.  So I'm apparently missing a setting somewhere.  Can you tell me where the setting is that will allow me to change the line color of Mind Map shapes?  Really appreciate your help.  Thank you!

Hi Landon 

Thanks for reaching out in the Lucidchart Community! Unfortunately the mind maps shapes’ border thickness and color are preset and cannot be changed. You are able to change those settings when using the template "Digital Marketing Mind Map" because it was built with specific formatting presets that make it more customizable. 

While what you are trying to do is not currently supported in Lucidchart we're always looking for ways to improve Lucidchart and your feedback is the best way for us to do that. Would you mind adding your idea to our feature request form? Ideas submitted to this form are passed on to the product development team for their consideration.

To go over some tips and tricks to create mind maps in Lucidchart please please review our Mind Mapping article and mind map template from the Lucidchart Help Center.

Hope this helps!