Skip to main content

I frequently use the data import function to bring in a .txt dataset into a mind map. Today I tried to do the same, but Mind Maps are no longer available in the import. I can insert a mind map template with dummy data but I can't create one with my import data. What has changed and why can I not do this anymore?

Hi @Stacey, thanks for posting in the community! Our apologies for the trouble you’re experiencing. To clarify, has the data import function for a .txt file disappeared from your view? If so, could you share a screenshot below and share a bit more about what has changed from what you used to see to what you’re currently seeing on your end? 

Hi @Stacey,

We have updated our core mind map functionality to be a better experience on the canvas, but it does not support import today. In order to access the import functionality, you can go to lucid.app, select to create a new document from a template, and choose a mind map template. You can also start from here: https://www.lucidchart.com/pages/templates/mind-map-template

ou will see the mind map shapes, and the option to import, loaded into the left hand panel on your screen.

Thanks,

Chloe