Skip to main content

We have recently migrated confluence data (xml backup) to a new Confluence instance (different domain name) and noticed that the links within lucid chart diagrams were broken. My understanding is Lucid chart diagrams store links in the form of references to confluence page ids rather than the url. Is there any better way to migrate lucid charts from one confluence instance to another so that the hyperlinks in the diagrams stay intact?

We are using onprem version of lucid chart (1.16.14) and confluence version is 6.8

Regards 

Asad

Thanks for reaching out.  The only way to move the diagrams between instances is to download each diagram as a VDX file and then to upload it into your new instance. 

You can do this by entering Edit mode in the Confluence page these diagrams are housed in then downloading the diagram from within the Lucidchart editor using the file > download as > VDX.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Hi Karsten/Asad 

Wondering if there has been any improvement on this? We also need to migrate some of the diagrams into a new instance (cloud -> server). 

Cheers 

Ilyas

Hi Ilyas thanks for commenting! I saw you submitted a support ticket so I answered there as well. The above post was only relevant for when migrating to/from our Lucidchart OnPrem add-on. If you are moving from Cloud to Server it sounds like you are using our Lucidchart Diagrams Connector add-on is that correct? Unfortunately the add-on doesn't support migration so you will need to reinsert any diagrams after migrating. I apologize for any inconvenience this causes and please let me know if you have any further questions.