Skip to main content

Hi Lucid users -- there are a few specific things worth checking out if you're having trouble with the Microsoft integration:

• The add-ins are only available for Word Online Excel Online Word 2013 and 2016 Excel 2013 and 2016 and Power Point 2016. The online version of Powerpoint as well as earlier versions of the desktop apps are not compatible with the add-in. If you are using a non-compatible version we would recommend exporting the diagram as an image and then inserting it into your document spreadsheet or presentation.
  • The diagram you insert is directly connected to your Lucid account. You must be connected to the internet to be able to edit the diagram or insert a diagram.
  • If you are experiencing performance issues with the add-in please try connecting to an alternate network.
  • Please try uninstalling and reinstalling the add-in (please note that if the add-in has been deployed by your admin you will be unable to uninstall).
  • If you are a member of an Enterprise Lucid account please note that Team Folders are currently only accessible through the PowerPoint add-in. They have not yet been built out for Word and Excel.
  • If you are using older versions of Windows and O365 then your Office apps may automatically be using Internet Explorer instead of Edge. Lucid no longer supports Internet Explorer. If you are experiencing an error message about this please upgrade your operating system to Windows 10 version 1903 or later AND your Office apps to Microsoft 365 version 16.0.11629 or later. Alternatively you can use the Lucidchart add on via Microsoft’s web apps in Edge Google Chrome Firefox or Safari. 

If the issue persists give us a heads up by sending the following information:

• A screenshot of the issue
  • A screenshot of any error messages or pop ups that appear

💗

When I try to install the Lucidchart Diagrams for PowerPoint Add-In in my PowerPoint 365 Desktop App, the “Loading...” message spins forever (or at least a long time!).  I gave up.  Now, when I try to use the add-in, I get this error (after clicking Insert Diagrams):

I’ve also tried signing out. When I log back in and grant access to my LucidChart account, it still leads to the same error.  I’m also getting the same error in Excel 365 Desktop App as well.

Can anyone help??

Hi there,

Thanks for posting in the community! 

As a first step I would recommend following these  troubleshooting instructions:

• Try installing the add-in in a Chrome Incognito browsing session. An Incognito Window is a private browser that allows you to sign into Lucid without any outside interference. It is a way for us to determine what may be causing the error you are seeing. 
  • Sometimes issues like this can be related to internet connection speed or network security. Please try again on another network, ensuring that you are on a strong, stable connection.
  • If applicable, could you please try disconnecting from your VPN to see if that resolves your issue?

If these steps don't resolve the issue, please let me know.

Hi Leah,

I’m trying to install the add-ins in the desktop versions of the Office 365 apps, not the on-line versions. 

The quarterly What’s New announcement today links to Enhance Cross-Functional Understanding with Lucid + Microsoft Integrations| Lucid.  I  hit the Start Now link in that blog, and it takes me the Lucid marketplace, where I get to links to “Connect” to Microsoft Excel (or Powerpoint or Word).

I hit Connect and choose LucidChart, and it takes me to Microsoft appsource site:  Find the right app | Microsoft AppSource.

I hit Get it now.

That takes me to Microsoft 365 to sign in. I copied that Office Store URL into a Guest browser tab in MS Edge (my browser of choice, and surely a Lucid-MS integration will work with Microsoft’s browser too?). From there, I hit “Open in Excel”:

That opens Excel 365 Desktop with a workbook.  I ensured that Excel 365 Desktop is logged into my main work or school account that matches my Lucid log-in (I have multiple MS 365 accounts).

I accepted the license terms and then it starts “Loading...” something:

This time, I waited long enough for it to give up, and got to this:

Hitting Retry leads to the same Loading… cycle.

I also just retried all this from a Chrome Incognito tab.  When that re-opens Excel 365 Desktop, it went right to “Insert diagrams or Sign out”.  I hit Insert diagrams and get the original GET error again:

Hitting Restart on that does nothing (same error pops right back up).

Next, I tried adding the add-in from the online version of Excel 365, from a Chrome incognito tab.

That leads to:

The link leads to a page that recommends I use Edge (and I’m not using Internet Explorer anyhow!

So - then I went back to Edge in a Guest profile, and opened EXcel 365 Online, and then added the LucidChart add-in from there, and it worked!

However - when I open the same workbook in Excel 365 Desktop, the LucidChart add-in is still giving me the GET error.  

If the Lucid add-ins only work in the Online versions of Office 365 apps, the documentation should make that clear!

Hi Tony,

Thanks for trying out those solutions and sending over all of that information!

If you were able to open and get the Lucid add-in working in an Edge guest profile that might indicate that an extension in your browser was inferring with the integration. Could you try disabling each browser extension one by one to see if that resolves the issue? This will also help us narrow down the potential cause. 

Additionally, the Lucid add-in works with Office 365 apps. If you are experiencing issues integrating Lucid in our Microsoft office apps it might indicate that your need to update your apps and browser. Updating your operating system to Windows 10 version 1903 or later AND your Office apps to Microsoft 365 version 16.0.11629 or later should resolve the problem as you will be able to use Edge as the default browser in Office apps. I'm sorry for any confusion this might have caused.

Please let me know if you have any questions. 

I just tested the Lucid Add-in from a non-guest Edge profile, with all of my browser extensions still enabled, and it works from there.  So - everything is working from when running Office 365 Online apps (browser).

As far as the office desktop apps, I’m already on Windows 11 latest build:

And I keep all my office apps updated as well:

Let me know if there’s anything else you want me to try?

thanks!

Tony

Hi Tony,

I am happy to hear that you were able to get the add-in to work for you on your browser. 

Could you confirm or try the following solutions to try and resolve the issues on your Office apps:

• Could you try using a different network while using the desktop app? Even though you do not need to be directly on an internet browser to use your Office apps, the Lucid add-in requires a stable internet connection to function properly. By trying a different network, we will be able to narrow down the potential cause of the issue.
  • Could you attempt a complete uninstallation of the Lucid add-in and then reinstall it?

Thank you for your help and patience.

I only have one network at my office, and I’m pretty certain it’s stable. I’m the only person using it. No issues with any other cloud apps, etc.  I can try testing on my home PC with my personal editions of Office 365 desktop apps, but then I’m not really testing the same scenario, so not sure if that will be useful to solve the problem?  I can also try testing the next time I take my laptop on a business trip or bring it home at some point.  Am I the only person reporting problems like this?

Hi Tony,

Typically, the quickest and easiest way to test another network is to connect to a hotspot. It’s possible that other users are experiencing similar issues, but we haven’t received many requests with similar reports, so it most likely isn’t a bug.

Can you confirm that you have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Lucid add-in to see if that resolves the issue?