Skip to main content

I have a coworker who has a paid account; when I go and try and contribute to his document; I am getting the pop-up for having to pay for an account because max objects are met.  We know this is the issue because if he removes and object I can then add one back in.  But then after that I keep getting the pop-up.  So my question if my coworker has the paid account can I not contribute to his document with unlimited objects?  

Hi Tonya 

Thanks for posting on the community! I’m sorry for the trouble you are having with sharing and am happy to help. First if someone from a higher level account shares a document that they used paid features on with a lower level account the lower user will automatically be a view-only collaborator or may have difficulty editing this document since they don’t have access to those paid features.

If this is not the case please try unsharing and resharing the document. This solves many problems with sharing. Could you also try editing the shared document in a Chrome Incognito browsing session. This often improves performance by clearing your cache and cookies and disabling your extensions.

If none of these tips resolve the issue please contact us through this Customer support form with the following information:

• The URL of the document so I can take a closer look.

• A screenshot of the popup you are seeing.

• The email address of the user you are trying to share with OR the email address of the user who is trying to share it with you.

Thanks for your help and patience!

If any others are having problems with sharing or have more questions on sharing please take a look at our article on sharing in the Lucidchart Help Center.