Skip to main content

I'm not sure if I'm missing this but is there a way to have some text in a master page in Lucidchart that pulls its data from the page properties of the pages it is being applied to instead of the Master Page itself?  In the same way that a header or footer would have a "page number" variable that changes based on the current page number.

Hi Karim

Thanks for posting in the Lucidchart community! You can add dynamic page numbers and other markers to your Master Page using the 'Insert' function. For instructions I recommend taking a look at this other community post and this article from the Lucidchart Help Center. The features seen in that post and article can be added to your Master Page and should update automatically on other pages. Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks Chase.  But I was just using the page number as an example.  But does this work with page properties? 

Hi Karim

The following page properties should update dynamically with each page. If you do not see what you're looking for in this list please let me know!

My apologies I'm not sure what the terminology is.  In the side bar you can create custom page properties.  I was hoping to insert the value of those into the Master

Hi Karim

No problem! It sounds like you're referring to the Page Settings on the right-hand side of the screen. If so the settings for your Master Page (size orientation margin etc.) will automatically apply to any new pages you create within the document! Let me know if you have any further questions!