Skip to main content

Hello!

I am looking for a simple function which makes it possible for me to mark the connected boxes of a chart. I have a very complex chart and want to visualize which boxes have a connection to each other. The visulization should be triggerd by clicking on any box. There are also boxes with multiple connection.

I guess this should be a basic feature for lucidchart so I hope there is allready the functionality to do so.

Thanks for helping me out!
Xeno

Hi @Xenotrom, thank you for posting in the community! Just to confirm my understanding, are you looking for a way to highlight which objects (boxes) are connected to one you have selected?

You may be able to use Conditional Formatting to visualize this and create a button to toggle this information using Hotspots and Actions

If this is not what you are looking for, would you mind sharing a brief description or an example screenshot of your use-case? This will help us take a closer look and share any relevant tips. Thanks in advance!

Hello Leianne,

thank you for your answere! Yes this is basicly what I am looking for, but how can I let this chain of connected elements show up, on a “onClick” event?

Means I don’t want to mark them all the time, I just want to mark them, when I click on a element in the chart.

Othwise the hole chart would just be marked all the time.

@Leianne C sorry I forgott to mark you :D

Thank you for confirming that, @Xenotrom! You can achieve a similar effect using the Actions feature since it has the option to toggle conditional formatting rules. This will create a button which you can click to turn the marking on/off. 

The best method to do this will depend on your specific use case and how complex your diagram is. For now, I’ve recorded the following example using our feature to record a video in Lucid with Loom.

In the example, I added shape data to the objects attached to the one I’d like to confirm. After that, I created conditional formatting rule to add an icon to any shape that has the shape data ‘Hello’. Once the rule is completed, I added an action to the shape I’d like to use to toggle the icons. 

This way, you can still display the information you need without it always being shown in the diagram. 

I hope this helps! Feel free to let me know if you have any questions :)