Skip to main content

I have a team folder which several individuals can access. However i have one document within that folder that only the manager needs to see and not the rest of the team.  How do i allow only the manger to view the document?

Hi Melvin thanks for posting on the community!

An important note with Team Folders is that users will never have less access to a document or board within a Team Folder than they do to the folder itself. You can assign different permissions for individual documents within the Team Folder but we will always honor your highest level of permissions between the two. So if the document remains in the Team folder the individuals that are a part of the Team Folder will have access to that document.

If you would like to share your document with just one other user rather than with everyone included in the Team folder I would recommend removing the document from the Team Folder and sharing it with that one user directly. If you drag a document or board outside of a Team Folder and into your personal documents then you become the new document owner. Just a note: you need edit and share permissions on the document or board and at least edit permissions on the Team Folder to move a document or board out of the Team Folder.

Please check out our Team Folders article for more information on permissions within Team Folders and for instructions on either removing your document from the Team Folder or creating a New Team Folder that is one shared with your manager.

Hope this helps!

This was very helpful.  Thank you.