Skip to main content

Hello Lucidchart forum

I want to close some of the docs on the My Documents page.

On the doc there is 'Open Share More' 

Under 'More" there is' Open Share Duplicate. Cut. Copy Delete Manage attributes Assign Status....'

How to just close a document?

Thanks.

Allen in Dallas

Hi Allen

Thanks for posting in the Lucidchart Community! I'm not entirely sure I understand what you mean by 'Closing' a document - would you mind letting me know if the following is not applicable to what you'd like to do? To return to your 'My Documents' page from an open document you can click the Folder icon next to your diagram's title. To remove a document from your 'My Documents' page you will need to either move the document into a folder or you will need to delete the document. To delete a document you can click 'More' and 'Delete'. Once deleted a document will be moved to the trash bin. You will then have seven days to restore that documents from the trash before it is deleted. 

If the above does not help to resolve the issue you're experiencing please let me know! 

POOR UX ON DOCUMENTS SCREEN: The carousel view of my working documents is awkward / clunky now that I have enough thumbnails than can over fill the screen. Meanwhile there is a ton of unused space on my Documents Screen. Is there a way to view all of them at once in a list or as a matrix of thumbnails across the entire screen? Am I not using this page correctly?

Hi Kieth

Thanks for continuing this thread! Thank you for the feedback and your Home tab and using the carousel on the Home tab. Unfortunately you can't change the view of your document thumbnails on the Home tab. If you would like to see something like this in the future please fill out this Feature Request form. All requests will be sent to our development team for their consideration.

In the meantime to see a full list of your documents please click into your Documents tab on the left side of the page.

You can change from List View to Grid View and sort your documents so you can view them more easily.

Hope this helps!