Skip to main content
Solved

Managing a folder's editing and sharing permissions in Lucid

• 8 August 2016
  • 3 replies

I have created a folder structure which i have shared and i have granted view rights to all users and edit rights to some specific users but no users can create documents

please can you confirm if this is possible and if so what i am doing wrong

Hi David! The users with 'Can edit and share' permission are allowed to create documents within the shared folder. They need to enter the folder and then press the orange '+Document' button. Users with 'Can View' permission will not have access to that button.

thanks for getting back to me 

for further information - we have the below structure (the structure is mirrored for both Teams and Shared Folders)

Parent Group (company Name)

|

--> Sub Group 1 (HR)

--> Sub Group 2 (Sales)

|

--->> Group 2 Step 2 (Pre-Sales)

If i have set

the top Level (Company) share to have View Rights for Company (TEAM) & Edit rights for HR (TEAM)

Sub Group 1 (HR) share to have Edit rights for HR (TEAM) & Inherited Rights

Sub Group 2 (Sales) share to have Inherited Rights

Group 2 Step 2 (Pre-Sales)share to have Edit rights for Pre-Sales (TEAM) & inherited rights

I would expect that people would be able to create new Documents and folders in the folders that they have rights to EDIT but they do not.... are you saying that they need to have edit and share rights?

Yes they need to have Edit and Share rights to be able to create documents within the shared folder.