Skip to main content

How can I make an image a different shape? I have tried to group a circle and the image I would like but no matter how I try to make the image a circle and not a square I can not do it. I need help.

Hi Kaylee

Thanks for posting in the Lucid Community! So sorry for the delay on this response! I wanted to follow up just in case another user runs into a similar problem.

I'm including one of our Help Desk articles here that should explain how to utilize this feature. I hope it helps.

Please reach back out with any other questions!

I'm also struggling with this and didn't find the "Work with shapes in Lucidchart" article helpful at all. Can anyone explicitly explain how to change a square shaped image into a circle shaped image / crop an image into a circle / contain an image in a circle shape?

Hi Angela

Thanks for adding to this thread.

At this time there isn't a native way to change the shape of an image. However another Lucid user shared a very clever workaround to turn a square-shaped image into a circle-shaped one here

We're always looking for ways to improve Lucidchart and your feedback is the best way for us to do that. Would you mind adding your idea to our feature request form? Ideas submitted to this form are passed on to the product development team for their consideration.

As a growing company we take our feature requests very seriously as we are continuously looking for how we can make our product more useful and effective for our users.

Thank you and please let us know should you have any questions!