Skip to main content

Hi all,

I manage several AWS accounts through AWS Organization.
When I import data from them, I do not find the account name attribute, and it does not appear so in the graphical representation. This attribute is however well set in AWS.

Here is an example :

I would expect :

• $Name to be set to actual name attribute of AWS organization
  • and/or accountAliases set

Thanks.

Hey Alexandre, 

Thank you for reaching out. We do currently support this feature. Find below a screenshot of our test account where the alias is shown. Would you please double check your IAM permission to ensure that there are no missing permissions? 

Please let us know if any further questions. 

Hi Stephane,

The polic assigned to the role used by Lucidscale is the last one described in the documentation, and contains the appropriate permission (iam:ListAccountAliases) :

Despite having them, I still do not retrieve the account alias. Here is an extract of the exported JSON data :

{"accounts":s{"accountId":"XXXXXXXXX","resources":{"route53":{"hostedZones":s]},"cloudFront":{"distributions":s]}},"accountAliases":s],"regions":s{"regionId":"eu-west-1" (...)

I do not know if it is an explanation, but I also do not find any mention of accoundAliases in the import summary (csv file), but only these IAM items :

IAM,AccessKey,--
IAM,Group,--
IAM,InstanceProfile,--
IAM,ManagedPolicy,--
IAM,OIDCProvider,--
IAM,Policy,--
IAM,Role,144
IAM,SAMLProvider,--
IAM,ServerCertificate,--
IAM,ServiceLinkedRole,--
IAM,User,--
IAM,UserToGroupAddition,--
IAM,VirtualMFADevice,--

Small remark : I list resources of eu-west-* regions.

Hi Alexandre,

Thanks for sharing those details. Could you try using the AWS CLI to return the alias value for the account in question? If you’re able to successfully return the account’s alias value via CLI(AWS’s documentation linked here), can you try using our CLI/JSON import method and confirm if the account alias renders for you when importing that way? 

Hi Adam,

I think I have figured out the “problem”.

I do not set alias for my AWS account. The AWS CLI command sends no result :

aws iam list-account-aliases
{
    "AccountAliases": a]
}

But, when I use AWS Organizations, I can easily get the name attribute :

aws organizations describe-account --account-id 870XXXX453
{
    "Account": {
        "Id": "870XXXX453",
        "Arn": "arn:aws:organizations::xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx",
        "Email": "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx",
        "Name": "XXX Workload Non Prod",
        "Status": "ACTIVE",
        "JoinedMethod": "CREATED",
        "JoinedTimestamp": "2023-10-06T11:52:30.505000+02:00"
    }
}

So, if I rephrase, my point is : “I would like (feature request) to retrieve the account name among the info imported from an AWS account, in order to display it in my architecture diagram”.

Hi Alexandre,

Thanks for following up and confirming. We’re very interested in your feedback and committed to continually improving our products. If you’d like to create a feature request, please first search the Product Feedback section of this community (with the filter Topic Type = Idea) to see if it’s already been submitted. If so, please add any additional details you’d like and upvote the request - this consolidation helps to refine feedback and properly capture the popularity of the request.

If no one has submitted this idea yet, please create one of your own and be sure to include details about your use case or what you’d like to see in this experience. This will also allow other users with similar requests to discover and upvote it, then add details of their own.

Finally, for more information on how Lucid manages feedback via this community, take a look at this post:

https://community.lucid.co/welcome-to-the-lucid-community-15/feedback-and-feature-requests-5439