Skip to main content

We installed the suggested component to our Quip but it is unusable. It keeps refreshing and scrolling to the top of the page every 5 seconds. It's very frustrating to try to work with this plugin. Is this intended behavior or will the product improve the buggy experience?

Thank you

Hi Ales

Thanks for posting in the Community!

I'm sorry to read about the experience you're having with our Quip integration! I'm not able to fully confirm that you're experiencing a bug without being able to see what you see however it does sound like that is not the expected behaviour.

A few good first steps to troubleshoot would be for you to verify that 3rd party cookies are enabled on your browser. Please take a look at this article for information on how to do this.

Also please try using Quip in a Google Chrome Incognito browsing session. This often improves performance by clearing your cache and cookies and disabling your extensions. If ever the integration behaves as expected in an incognito window it means that it was likely caused by cookie or browser extension interference. In such situation I would recommend that you clear your cache and cookies in a regular browsing session and try again. If the issue persists I recommend disabling your extensions one by one until you determine which extension is causing the issue.

If the issue persists please reply to the thread with the following:

• A screenshot of any error messages or pop ups that appear (if applicable to your situation)
  • A description of the steps you took leading up to the issue.
  • The URL of the document that is experiencing the issue so the team can take a look.
  • A screenshot of the associated Javascript Console output after reproducing the issue. You can open your Javascript Console by pressing Ctrl + Shift + J (if your computer is a Windows / Linux) OR Cmd + Opt + J (if your computer is a Mac).

This will help the team determine the next steps.

Thank you for your help and patience!