Skip to main content

Hi there 

I don't know how this happened but I have zoomed the UI for lucid chart. It's a little tricky to work now that the UI is taking up more of the workspace. I can't figure out how to zoom back to the the 100% view.

Hi Shannon

Thanks for posting in the community! It sounds like this is related to your overall browser zoom settings. To check and update these settings in Google Chrome select the three-dot menu in the upper-right corner (next to your profile icon). In the window that appears you'll see a Zoom option which can be adjusted by clicking the - or + icons.

If that doesn't resolve the issue could you try opening your account in a private or incognito window to help us narrow down the potential cause? Could you also try connecting to a different network? Sometimes account performance issues can be related to internet security/speed or browser issues. These steps will help us eliminate that possibility.

If you're still experiencing the issue after trying these suggestions can you please reply with the following information?

• A screenshot of the zoomed UI.

• A screenshot of the associated Javascript Console output after reproducing the issue. You can open your Javascript Console by pressing Ctrl+Shift+J (if your computer is a Windows/Linux) OR Cmd+Opt+J (if your computer is a Mac).

• A screenshot of your browser zoom settings to help our engineers determine if the level of zoom is malfunctioning in our code.

If we get to the point where you need to reply with more information I can convert this post into a ticket for security if you prefer.

I hope this helps! Feel free to follow up in this thread with anymore questions. 

I am having the same issue -- all of a sudden my Lucid UI is *huge*.

Hi Annette thanks for continuing this thread. Upon examining your screenshot this does seem related to your browser's zoom level rather than Lucidspark's. Can you please try following Ashley's instructions in her response above to reduce your browser's zoom level? This is a browser setting separate from Lucidspark's large "+" and "-" signs next to the 1% zoom that is visible in your screenshot. If you have trouble doing so please let me know what browser you are using and I would be glad to continue helping!

It's not related to the browser zoom controls. I was finally able to reset it with command 0 (zero). The Lucid window was the only one that was so giant so this is related to something within Lucid not the browser overall.

Hi Annette thanks for your response. I'm glad you were able to reset your view! I do believe that this type of behavior is related to browser zoom as it can be set by individual tabs and command+0 will initially reset the browser zoom level and not the Lucidspark canvas. I've demonstrated this in the GIF below - observe that Lucidspark's zoom level remains low at 26% even after using command+0 which resets the browser zoom level from 200% to 100% and restores the original view of the Lucidspark controls. 

However we absolutely want to make sure you're having a good experience while working in Lucidspark and if your browser or Lucidspark canvas aren't behaving in this way we'd be glad to take a closer look if you experience this again in the future!

Hi

Just to confirm that I get the same behaviour as the previous two users. All of a sudden the whole Lucid page is zoomed in and it's impossible to zoom out via keyboard cmd-'-" (I'm on Mac) the way I can in all the other currently open tabs in Firefox. Yes I can zoom out via the FF menu - similarly to your GIF above - or reset to 100% via cmd-0 but it's a bit of a pain.

Hi AljoĊĦa

Thanks for continuing this thread. Could you try opening the Lucid page in a private or incognito window to help us narrow down the potential cause? Could you also try connecting to a different network or disconnecting from your VPN (if applicable)? Sometimes account performance issues can be related to internet security/speed or browser issues. These steps will help us eliminate that possibility. 

It is also worth noting that Lucid is optimized for Google Chrome. For best performance we recommend using Chrome.