Skip to main content

I am trying to use the LucidChart PowerPoint Plugin so I can embed LucidCharts into my PPT decks, I use the addins option for PowerPoint browse to the lucid plugin app for powerpoint in the O365 plugins repository. Says it adds it but whenever I try and use the plugin I get a message saying please update the current version….odd because I just pulled it down from the store. Thoughts or advice? 

Hi @RobForbes,

Thank you for posting in the Lucid Community! There are a few specific things worth noting when working with the Microsoft integration:

• The add-ins are only available for Power Point 2016. Can you make sure your Powerpoint is this version?  If you are using a non-compatible version we would recommend exporting the diagram as an image and then inserting it into your document, spreadsheet, or presentation.
  • If you are experiencing performance issues with the add-in please try connecting to an alternate network.
  • Please try uninstalling and reinstalling the add-in (please note that if the add-in has been deployed by your admin you will be unable to uninstall).

If the issue persists, please send the following information:

• A screenshot of the issue
  • A screenshot of any error messages or pop ups that appear

Thank you for your help and patience.

I am using PowerPoint 2016 on a Mac. I have uninstalled and re-installed the connector 3 times and it is pulling it directly from The MS app store. 

Hi @RobForbes

Thank you for providing that information! Could you go to My Add-ins and take a screenshot of the app you added? It should look something like this. 

Hi @RobForbes

Thank you for providing that screenshot. It looks like the version of Lucidchart you have installed was an admin-version of the software. I have converted your post into a support ticket so we can take a closer look at your account.