Skip to main content

I have around 100 charts in my folders and frequently integrate lucidcharts into Confluence.   I try to manage how many apps / tabs I have open but there is a very noticable lag in performing any operation in Lucidchart.

Anything I can do?

Hi there

Thanks for posting in the Lucid Community! Sorry to hear you are having trouble with slowness in the Lucidchart editor--I'm happy to help.

There are a couple of issues that we consistently come up against with slowness. Do you mind reading through and seeing if any of these could be the cause of what you are experiencing?

• What browser are you using? Lucidchart is optimized for Google Chrome so if you haven't already please try the feature in that browser to see if it resolves the issue.
  • Also try opening your document in a Chrome Incognito browsing session. This often improves performance by clearing your cache and cookies and disabling your extensions.
  • Would you mind connecting to a different network or disconnecting from your VPN (if applicable) to rule out any connection or security issues?
  • Having many page tabs large canvases on each tab and a high number of shapes on each canvas all increase the time it takes to load and update when changes are made. If you are working on a very large document you may consider breaking it into several smaller documents to improve performance.

Hope this helps--feel free to reach out on this thread with additional questions.

Thank you for the quick response.

I was using Firefox and switching to Chrome seems to have helped a lot.  So far so good but I will keep the incognito in mind should I start slowing down again

I had tried on and off my network already and most of my lucid chart documents are small although I paste in screenshot images frequently.

That's awesome news! Feel free to reach out to us anytime within the Community--you can share your work ask questions or even comment on another user's post to try and help them out or celebrate the awesome work they've done. 

Look forward to hearing from you--Cheers!