Skip to main content

Lucidchart keeps crashing with a memory error when I try to import an existing diagram to a new document.

I have tried MS Edge Chrome (including incognito) and Firefox. All the WebGL indicators are ok and I've also tried three different networks the fastest of which currently providing 170Mbps download/25Mbs upload. I am not connected to a VPN.

The issue seems to be that the memory use runs away as soon as I hit 'Import Page' from the Insert drop-down in any existing file. I have done this with Task Manager open on my other screen and the memory use-age immediately starts to rise until it reaches between 95 and 98%. (Chrome and Edge both fail before this point - Firefox stays open at 95%+ but is unresponsive). It also doesn't matter which folder/file I try to select for insertion. 

Is there some kind of bizarre memory hogging process being triggered by 'Import Page'?

Hi Harvey

Thank you for posting in the Lucid Community! This sounds like an issue that has been reported by a few of our users -- we have been working directly with our development team to get this solved. I have created a support ticket for you so we can get some more information and further explore this issue. 

Thank you for the heads up and patience as we continue to work on a fix! 🤝

Hi @harvey l! I'm happy to report that this bug has been resolved. Please let us know in this thread if you experience any additional issues. Thanks for your patience! 

All resolved thanks!