Skip to main content

have never had issues with lucid before but there is now extreme lag to the point where it's unusable. not sure what to do here. on firefox ubuntu 20.04. same as always

it lags even when you're in a blank document with nothing on it

I decided to give Lucid a try. Tried building a small UML diagram and noticed the lag. It was frustrating enough I closed it out & kept looking.

Hi Tony and Lance 

Thanks for posting on the community! I am sorry for the issues that you have experienced with slowness/lagging in Lucidchart.

There are a couple of initial things that we can look to resolve slowness. I recommend starting here:

• You mentioned that you are using Firefox.  Lucidchart is optimized for Google Chrome so iI'd recommend trying this again in that browser to see if it resolves the issue.
  • Also try opening your document in an Incognito/Private browsing session. This often improves performance by clearing your cache and cookies and disabling your extensions.
  • Sometimes issues like this can be related to internet connection. Do you mind trying again on a strong stable connection?
  • You mentioned that you are seeing this lag even in blank documents but having many page tabs large canvases on each tab and a high number of shapes on each canvas all increase the time it takes time to load and update when changes are made. If you are working on a very large document you may consider breaking it into several smaller documents to improve performance. 

If the issue persists please send the following information so that we can take a closer look:

• A screenshot of any error messages or pop ups that appear
  • A description of any document or other changes that happened leading up to this slowness
  • A screenshot of the associated Javascript Console output after reproducing the issue. You can open your Javascript Console by pressing Ctrl+Shift+J (if your computer is a Windows/Linux) OR Cmd+Opt+J (if your computer is a Mac).

Feel free to let me know if you have any further questions. Hope this helps!

I am on Windows and Firefox and was using Windows and Firefox before. I have the same issues with the lag on this new version as Tony D. I'm on the same wired DSL connection as before. It seems your app is doing something every second or so and is blocking the UI. It is enough to scroll up and down with the mouse wheel to notice this UI lockup.

Hi Diego thanks for your post! You reached out to the Lucid Support team by submitting a support request so we have responded to you directly there.

If anyone else is experiencing a similar issue- Diego found that the issue spontaneously resolved after restarting the browser and computer so I recommend giving that a try in addition to the steps Abby mentioned in the first comment on this thread.

Hi

I had the same issue on a Macbook Pro Max 32Gb M1 suddenly dragging etc was very stuttery.
I had to turn off chrome hardware acceleration off due to video playback combined with DisplayLink.
When I enabled the hardware acceleration again on chrome Lucid is as smooth as butter again so worth to check if that is enabled in your browser.