Skip to main content

I am using the Google Docs addon and while it works to insert and update images it is not showing the preview of the images in the screen where you choose what you want to insert. It just shows the default "cannot display image" icon.

This is frustrating for larger projects where I might have 20+ images. I have to count what image number it is. 

When I right-click the image icon and say open in new tab I get a "Document access forbidden" error.

Please bear in mind that I CAN browse all the Lucid documents I CAN insert and update images. So clearly Lucid DOES have access. It is ONLY for this preview that it does not work.

Hi Chris thanks for posting in the Lucidchart Community! I am unable to reproduce the issue you are describing the previews are loading as expected on my end. 

There are a couple of specific things worth noting when working with our Google Add-ons:

• Would you mind connecting to a different network to rule out any connection issues?

• Could you also try opening the Google Doc/Slide/Sheet in an incognito window to rule out browser interference?

• Could you try uninstalling and reinstalling the add-on? Please note that if the Lucidchart Add-on has been deployed by your admin you will be unable to uninstall it.

If the issue persists after these steps please provide the following information:

• A screenshot of the issue.

• A screenshot of the associated Javascript Console output after reproducing the issue. You can open your Javascript Console by pressing Ctrl + Shift + J (if your computer is a Windows / Linux) OR Cmd + Opt + J (if your computer is a Mac).

• Is this happening for specific documents or for all your documents? 

Please let me know if you have any further questions!

I'm having the same issue. It's happening on all documents. Screenshots attached.

Hi Ben thanks for continuing this thread and providing those screenshots! Apologies for the trouble. To clarify are you able to insert the diagram even though you're not able to preview it? Would you mind also taking the following troubleshooting steps and letting me know the results to help us isolate the cause of the problem?

• Would you mind connecting to a different network to rule out any connection issues?

• Could you also try opening the Google Doc/Slide/Sheet in an incognito window to rule out browser interference?

• Could you try uninstalling and reinstalling the add-on? Please note that if the Lucidchart Add-on has been deployed by your admin you will be unable to uninstall it.

Hi Micah I can insert diagrams fine I just cannot see previews which makes using it difficult.

I tried another network and an incognito window and the issue persists. I cannot uninstall the add-on as it's installed by my administrator.

Thanks
Ben

Hi Ben thanks for taking the time to take those troubleshooting steps. I believe this is a bug - I've provided this information and your screenshots to our development team so they can take a closer look at the cause of the issue! I am so sorry for the trouble and I'll be sure to update you here as soon as I have new information to share. Please let me know if you have additional questions or concerns!

@ben g Following up here - can you please try signing out of the add-on then signing back in? You can do so via this menu:

Please let me know if the issue persists after doing so!

Signing out and signing in worked! Thank you.

Hi Ben thanks so much for following up! Glad to hear that worked - please let me know if there's anything else I can do for you.