Skip to main content

I was looking for a "check mark" shape but did not find anything - I even tried with a few different search terms. 

So then I went through all categories and after a while found at least 4 shapes that would match the criteria (one way or the other has a check mark in the shape although I just wanted a simple check mark).

Later I wanted a "hand shake" icon but also then didn't find *anything* with 'hand shake' or even with 'hand' (this one was more like trying my luck but I understand why one would not be in the shape library - so I was creative when expressing "agreement").

It would be nice if the search function would be improved so that the shapes would have aliases and for example if I search for "check mark" the results would suggest all shapes that have a check mark in them. 

Hi Jenny thanks for contributing to the Lucid Community! We appreciate your thoughtful feedback on how we can expand tagging to enable more advanced searches of the myriad shape libraries in Lucidchart! I passed your feedback directly to our product team for their consideration.

As a growing company we take our feedback very seriously. We are continuously looking for how we can make our product more useful and effective for our users and this can't be done unless we hear from you.

For anyone else viewing this thread often when a specific shape is hard to find from a keyword search (or if the shape doesn't exist) you may have better luck searching the same keyword(s) in the image library or icon library. While images and icons have fewer features than shapes in the Lucidchart and Lucidspark editors their greater libraries may enable you to continue your projects with just the right visuals you're needing. 

yLnLIU3cIfBSt5bWV3bUpA.png
For more information please see the Search for Shapes Images Icons and GIFS section of our Shape Libraries article from the Lucid Help Center. Alternatively if you cannot find the shape or image you are looking for you can bring your own shapes into Lucidchart by importing SVGs and Visio stencil files (.vss .vssx and .vsx) to custom shape libraries. In the article I linked above, you can find detailed instructions on how to import custom shapes.

Hi Richard Thank you for your reply and clear instructions. 

I was looking for "icons" but could not find them - I didn't realize to click the magnifying glass which gives more options than "Shape Library" which button is very visible on the bottom.

I wonder if other people have trouble finding the icons or is it just me :) 

Thanks anyways have a good day!

Hi Jenny I am glad to hear you were able to locate the icons menu and thank you for your feedback! Please don't hesitate to reach out if anything else comes up. Have a great rest of your day.