Skip to main content
Solved

Lucidchart Expand tool

• 30 July 2024
  • 5 replies

I was on the webinar last week and saw the new Expand feature which looks awesome.  I’m having trouble trying to execute it.  The release notes say to select the hot keys and X however this doesn’t work for me. I’ve read everything online and took notes during the call but I’m doing something wrong. I’m on a Mac if that helps.  Thanks!

Hi @Jason S101, thanks for posting in the Lucid Community! To confirm, you are referring to the Expand Tool outlined in the June 2024 section of our Lucidchart release notes article, correct? I’m also on a mac, and see this behavior when selecting the hot key, “X.” Please see the GIF below for reference:

Please note, you can only move one axis at a time and you can only move objects that are below the x-axis or to the right of the y-axis. If you are still unable to get this feature to work, would you mind sending me a screenshot of what you are seeing and the steps you are taking to use the feature? I appreciate your help and patience!

Thanks for the response.  Yes that is the feature I’m referring to.  My issue is getting the feature to even come up.  On a mac, Hot Key is the command button so my understanding is that you press Command X at the same time?  When I do that nothing happens. I’ve tried other variations and still nothing.  So what exactly are the key strokes that you need to hit in order to get this to come up?  

Gotcha, thanks for clarifying! @Jason S101 I just press the “X” key, no other keys need to be pressed to activate this feature. Did you already attempt that stroke?

Thank you!  That’s what I needed.  I thought I needed to press a hot key and X.  You just saved me a bunch of time.  

@Jason S101 No problem, happy to help! Please let me know if you have any additional questions!