Skip to main content
Solved

Lucidchart document locked for editing, view only

• 5 August 2022
  • 3 replies

I'm using the free plan to evaluate the system for my team and the system has locked the first and only chart I've made as "View Only" saying that only the 3 most recent charts are editable. But I've only actually made this one chart. It looks like the system is counting all of the charts loaded while going through the various training courses as charts *I* created and counting them in the most recent limit.

Can this be fixed or will I have to recreate my initial chart for it to be editable again? I have no problem with the limit for the free account it's just that counting the charts I used as part of the training courses is hindering my ability to review the product for my team. Thanks!

Comments

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi Jake!

Thanks for reaching out in our Community. Our Free Subscription only allows you to edit your 3 most recently edited or opened documents. If you make a copy of a view-only document (Navigate to your "My Documents" tab right click over the document select duplicate) the system will prompt you to rename your duplicated document then it will be saved as the “most recently edited” thus allowing you to make changes. You can do this for any documents that subsequently get pushed to view-only. You can also delete any old iterations of the document without compromising your edits.

Please let me know if you have any further questions!

That worked. Thanks @whittney c! I also realized that the original became editable again once I deleted all of the training charts from my documents since I was back under 3 documents total. Thanks again!!

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Jake that's great! Happy to help and love to hear how you're using Lucidchart!