Skip to main content

Every time I open a template or any other document, a new document is created. Is there any way to exit the document/template instead of having a new document created? Seems like an odd functionality.

Thanks,

Gregg

Hi @gcoleman0828

Thanks for your post! It’s intended that a new document is created when opening a template (by clicking Open from the Template Gallery, for example). If you want to just take a look at the template, you should select the option Preview.

However, a new document should not be created when opening a document, unless you’re opening a template directly from your “My Documents” page. 

If doesn’t apply to your issue, could you post a screenshot of what an example document looks like in your “My Documents” page right before you open it as well as what you see right after clicking on the document to open it?

Thank you for your response @Flavia D . Yes that is what I’m doing (double clicking the template from My Documents). I thought maybe there was an Exit/Close option without it automatically creating a new document.

As a side note, I do not see a Preview Option as mentioned above, but I do see a “Edit Template” option that should do the trick:

Hi @gcoleman0828

You’ve nailed it: selecting the Edit Template option is the way to open a template without creating a new document out of it. However, this option is only available when hovering over the document from the doc list. When working from the Template Gallery, the only option available is the Preview button. 

Thanks for sharing this trick with the Lucid Community 💡