Skip to main content
Solved

Lucidchart- Change Object Text Position

• 23 April 2024
  • 5 replies

Hi I’m looking to change the position of an object label relative to the object, for example in Visio you can drag a little yellow square to position the label of an object and I’m not sure how to do it in Lucid Chart.

Comments

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi @DanielV 

The yellow square in Visio and similar one is not readily available at this time, you could try other options like Drag and Drop Text and at the same time add a product feedback with this navigation - 

Product feedback | Community (lucid.co)

Hope this helps - Happy to help further!!
Thank you very much and have a great one!
Warm regards

Badge +1

By drag and drop text do you mean adding a text box?

Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi @DanielV 

Not exactly on the text box to your point.

Please follow this and see if you could make over.

By drag and drop text, I don't necessarily mean adding a new text box

• Locate the existing text box containing the label you want to reposition.
  • It might already be on the object or placed somewhere else on the canvas.
  • Click and hold the text box with your cursor.
  • Drag the text box to the desired location relative to the object.

As you move it, Lucid will automatically snap the box to alignment points on the object, making it easier to position exactly.

Regards.

Badge +1

Okay thank you

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hi @DanielV, wanted to jump in with a few more tips in addition to what @Humas1985 shared! 

If the default text box position for a particular shape doesn’t meet your needs, I would recommend leaving that default text box blank, adding one of your own, positioning it as you like, and then grouping it with the shape so that it moves as a unit. I’ve demonstrated this with a simple shape and textbox in the GIF below:

However, the request to reposition the default text box for a shape is a common one. You can find the centralized conversation here - I’d encourage you to upvote it and comment with any additional use case details you’d like to share.