Skip to main content

Are we in control of all our own backups or does Lucidchart do some level of backup? 

Hi Martha thanks for posting!  Please see this article for more details about our backup and restore feature or this article for more information about Google Drive Sync and Backup.  I'm not sure if I completely understand your question with regards to who controls the backups. If you're referring to whether or not they happen automatically- this is the case for Google Drive backup/sync. You need to set up the initial sync with your Google Drive account but after this the backup/sync of your documents is automatic. For our standard backup and restore feature- this is not automatic as you need to initiate the download of your backup file from your Account Settings.

If your question is more related to data security and protection in the event of technical emergencies: we have robust data storage and recovery processes in place to protect your data in the event of an emergency. I recommend taking a look at our in-depth security whitepaper for more detailed information about this. 

If the information above doesn't help would you mind clarifying the specific situation you have in mind so I can better understand what you're trying to achieve?