Skip to main content

I just found out that LucidCharts now have API keys as well as support OpenAI. I am looking for a solution to a particular problem. I need to make diagrams and charts with editable output. I am coding on Python since it is easier for me. I wanted to know the possibility of compiling LucidCharts with OpenAI in Python so the flow goes like:

I could ask a question as a prompt in GPT and through LucidCharts, I can have, say, a flowchart as output which I can edit without having to go and code or anything (editable output). Just like how you can create tables and connect them before exporting it to SQL, I wanted to do something similar with OpenAI and LucidCharts. I haven’t gotten a chance to test it out yet but wanted to check if anyone had any idea if it would be possible or no. 

Hi @yettiii, thanks for this post! I’d like to recommend Lucidchart’s integration with ChatGPT, which does exactly what you described - building a flowchart automatically based on a prompt that you enter! Full information can be found in this Create AI-generated diagrams using the Lucid GPT article from our help center. Your use case sounds super interesting - we’d love to see what you create! Please let me know if you have any specific questions about using the integration.