Skip to main content

A detailed description of the problem and how it differs from the expected functionality:

Whenever I add a shape or text or even paste in an image, a blue icon is being added to the top right of the shape by default. I have to go into icon sets and remove icon for every single shape I add currently.

Any troubleshooting steps you have already taken:
Searched through all settings, can’t see anywhere where this could have got set as a default. I have tried closing and reopening,

A screenshot of the issue and any error messages you see:

If this happens in one document or all of them:

This only seems to happen in one particular document at the moment

If it happens in a copy of this document:
Not tried

If this happens in existing documents, new documents, or both:
Not tried new documents

If any of your collaborators working on this document experience this problem:
Unaware

If the problem is document specific, a support PIN for the document so that our team can take a closer look:
vw5qfyqYUVRn

Hi, you can edit what’s applied to new shapes using “Set default style” in the right click menu. This will make new shapes have the same properties as the shape you’re right clicking.

This will update all shape properties (things like fill color, border style, icons), so I’d recommend adding a new shape, removing the icon, and setting the default style if the icon is the only thing you want to change.

Thank you for the suggestion and I was not aware of setting the default style. Unfortunately doing so does not have any effect, even on the same shape - they are still creared with icons.

Hi @mb123456

Thanks for following up on this! And thanks @Chris Kropp for sharing this tip about default styles! 

@mb123456, it seems like the blue circle icon has been set as the default Icon Set for your document, which causes that icon to be added to any shapes you create.

A screenshot of the issue and any error messages you see:

To disable this option, ensure you have no shapes or objects selected (so that the new default Icon Set is applied to the whole document and not only specific shapes) > click on the Icon Set option > click the icon options dropdown > select “Remove Icon.” 

STEPS TO REMOVE DEFAULT ICON SET

DESIRED STATE

I hope this helps! Let us know if the issue persists! 

Aha, thanks @Flavia D that has done the trick. So simple, was not aware that box had an effect on shapes when not selected - thank you!