Skip to main content

Hello! I am a Salesforce Admin and am thinking about upgrading to Lucidchart Enterprise for the Salesforce ERD integration. I am just curious how Lucidchart maps record types for each object into the ERD. Would it create a separate entity for each one or just one entity with all the record type fields listed under that entity?

Thanks!

Hi David thanks for posting in the community! Would you mind clarifying what you mean by 'record types'? Our ERD feature creates a separate entity for each Salesforce Object. For more information on how this integration works I'd recommend taking a look our Entity Relationship Diagrams article from our Help Center. If you are interested in the Salesforce integration the information found in this Help Center article may also be useful. 

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions about this. Hope this helps!

Hi Leianne! So in Salesforce each object can have different record types. For example on the Accounts object some records may be businesses that are customers but some records may be a channel partner. Each of these record types may have a different set of fields associated with them. Extending the example both the Customer Organization and Channel Partner record types on the Account object may have a one-to-many cardinality to the Contacts object but only the Channel Partner record type will have a one-to-many cardinality to a custom object called Promo Packs to track seasonal promotional packs that are sent to Channel Partners.

This is just one example but how would Lucidchart represent this relationship? Would it just be one entity for Accounts and then all fields (regardless of record type assignment) listed in that entity? Or would lucid enter each record type as its own entity?

Thanks!

Hi David thanks for clarifying and following up with that information. When a Salseforce ERD is imported users can choose which objects to import. For example if there are objects A and B and A has a one to many relationship with B then from the schema A will have a field similar to 'B_reference_id' which links to the same field in B. To see both A and B you will need to select both from the list when importing the schema.

Please let me know if this doesn't answer you question or if you have any further questions about this!