Skip to main content

Hello, we’re facing permission issue after lucid chart migration from Confluence DC ( 7.19.6 ) to Confluence Cloud. On on-prem instance we’re using same lucid chart user as in cloud:

On confluence server we have a lot lucid charts which are attached from private resources. They are displayed correctly: 

On same page in cloud we’re facing restriction to see those diagrams:

Most of our diagrams are created by external customers so as i said, diagrams are not part of our lucidchart team. We need to move all diagrams as a crucial part of our pages. To do that i’ve tried to run force conversion but got this for almost all pages:

This is our second test migration, im pretty sure that in first one ( around 2m ago ) i was able to do force conversion for all diagrams. Im stuck on this, there is any option to move those diagrams without manual intervetion from each owner ( 465 diagrams so will be hard to please each owner to put diagrams in new place )? 

Hi Filip,

Thanks for posting in the Lucid Community!

This article provides the steps they need to follow to migrate your Lucid documents from your Confluence DC instance to your Confluence Cloud one.

After migrating, you will need to reinsert your diagrams so that they display correctly.

That being said, from your wording I understand that you are expecting all documents ever embedded on your Confluence DC instance (whether they were created in Lucid or not, and whether they were created by users who are/were not part of your Lucid account) to migrate along with the Lucid documents.

By following the steps provided in the article I linked above, please bear in mind that you will only be able to migrate Lucid documents created by users on your Lucid account. For some reasons the screenshots you seem to have attached to your message do not display, therefore I cannot see the exact permission errors you are seeing. 

When you say that you “have a lot lucid charts which are attached from private resources”, do you mean that they were embedded in your Confluence instance by collaborators who are not part of your Lucid account?  If that is the case, and as per the information I shared above, it would makes sense that you are not able to migrate them.

Would you mind trying to upload the screenshot showing the permission (restriction) error again?

According to this:
When you say that you “have a lot lucid charts which are attached from private resources”, do you mean that they were embedded in your Confluence instance by collaborators who are not part of your Lucid account?  If that is the case, and as per the information I shared above, it would makes sense that you are not able to migrate them.

So they are part of my team, but documents which are attached in confluence dc and migrated to cloud are part of they account private document, they are not shared with Team which is linked as part of confluence integration. 

I’ve discovered that when they set my account as collaborator i was able to make force conversion. 

So my question now is: 
If users are part of team, but documents are not shared in team folder would i be able to make conversion ? 
If users will share they private documents with team as collaborator will solve this access permission block?

I was saying about this above permission restriction ( sorry for calling it error ).

Hi Filip,

Thanks for clarifying, I understand better!

Confluence treats the Lucidchart add-on as a user. This means for the add-on to access and successfully convert existing Lucidchart macros it must have the correct permissions.

Could you check your space permissions to make sure any space or page that where the ‘private’ Lucidchart documents are embedded is opened to the "Lucidchart Diagrams Connector" user?