Skip to main content

Can you post a support ticket... lost a document and can't find it. Had access to it last week :( 

Hello Kevin Thanks for posting in the community! A support representative will be reaching out to you directly via email. If any other users encounter a similar issue please fill out this form!

Hi. I accidentally took myself off as a collaborator and my document disappeared. How do I get it back?

Hi Meagan you will need to reach out to the document owner to add you back to the shared document. 

Thanks for helping. I am the document owner and accidentally took myself off. So how do I find the document and how do I re-share it with myself? Thanks!!

Hi Meagan you shouldn't be able to take yourself off as the owner of a document. See screenshot below:

It sounds like your document might be lost because of this please take a look below for steps on how to recover lost work from our Lost Work article:

Check Your Account: 
The document(s) may still be there. Have you double checked that you're in the correct account? Sometimes users will use single sign on while signed into a different email account which can produce errors. We suggest that you make sure you've checked any and all Lucidchart accounts that might be under your email address(es). 

Check Your Trash: 
It is easy to accidentally delete documents. Please check that the documents aren’t in your trash. You can access your trash at the bottom of your folder manager found on the documents page. 

Check Ownership: 
If the documents were shared with you and now you no longer see them in your account it is possible that whoever shared it with you rescinded your access. We recommend reaching out to the document owner to have them re-share it with you. 

Check Browser History: 
Your documents might be hiding in your browser history. If you carefully look through your browser history when you last worked on the document you might be able to find it. 

Please comment below with any email addresses you are unsure about where the document could be located and with the document URL and we will help you track it down.

Hi for some reason I can't find any of the docs/diagrams I have created. I have a paid account. This issue seems to be one or two weeks old. Weird enough my storage seems to include my lots docs. Please get back to me. Thanks

Hi Alexandre

Thanks for posting in the Lucidchart Community! If you wouldn't mind please take a look at Megan W's comment above for some quick troubleshooting tips. If you try these and are still unable to find your documents please submit a support request here.

In that request please provide the document name or URL if possible - our support team may be able to locate the document that way. Please let me know if you have any questions!