Skip to main content

Hey Community - 
Hoping someone can help me on a workflow I'm stuck on in Lucidchart where I need a bit of complex conditional logic applied.  

Here's the scenario:
1) New client is sent agreement and sent invoice at the same time
2) The agreement must be signed AND the first invoice must be paid before moving onto the next step
3) If agreement is signed but invoice is not paid I need reminder email to go out at a specific time about just the invoice. I need this to loop until after a 3rd reminder email is sent and then it would go to a "dead queue." And of course once invoice is paid the reminders would stop.
4) If invoice is paid but agreement is not signed same basic process as in #3.

Obviously I could create a ton of decision diamonds for all of this but I believe there's a way to depict it through setting it up as an iteration?

It's been years since I last had to do this and just cannot remember how to lay it out. If at all possible I would love a visual on how this would be setup.
Thanks in advance!!!

Hi Pam

Thanks for posting on the community! To learn more about how to create flowcharts take a look at the Create a Flowchart in Lucidchart article in our Help Center.

In your case you are correct that you will need to use iteration. To do this iteration means that your diagram will point back to previous steps and complete them again until you reach a defined end. In your case you will return to the step "has the invoice been paid" after sending the reminder email until you have sent three emails OR the invoice is paid. For an example of iterations in action take a look at this Flowchart template here. For any other questions please don't hesitate to reach out!