Skip to main content

I have a project which requires me to use a loop syntax in Lucid.  Is there anyway to do this?  Here is the details for the flow.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1. Email comes in to a certain email address with rules configured on different alias's.

Was it sent to an alias?

a. yes- outlook rule copies it to outlook folder and moves it from the inbox to a "outlook rule applied" folder.

b. no- nothing happens (email remains in the inbox folder)

2. Mail bot runs for a project

A. Load configuration file (is there a way to notate a lookup file in Lucid Chart?)  We'll have a separate file that informs this process that lists the following columns:

1. projects folder in outlook

2. email sender

3. email subject

4. project's processed folder in outlook

5. project's not processed folder in outlook

6. destination folder on hard drive

B. For each email in the project's folder  (is there a loop sytax in Lucid?)

1. Given the Email Sender and Email Subject does it match a row in the config file?

i. No- In Outlook move the email to the project's Not Processed folder

ii. Yes- save the emails attachment to the corresponding Destination Folder on the Hard Drive.  In Outlook move the email to the project's Processed folder

Again thank you for any help provided.  This is my first loop and lookup file in Lucid!

Here is my first attempt without knowing where the loop syntax is:

Hi Jonathan

Thank you for contributing to the Lucid Community!

If I'm understanding your question correctly you're searching for a specific shape library you could use for diagramming your programming logic that includes a symbol for a lookup file and a symbol for a loop. If this is the case your diagram could include an arrow from the terminus to the initialization step (start) to signify that it is a loop and you could use a symbol that resembles a spreadsheet from our AWS Architecture > Database shape library to signify a lookup file.

Please let me know if I'm mistaken and if so can you please clarify what you mean by "loop syntax"?

Thank you Richard!  That answer was great information.  Do you know if there is a way to notate a lookup file?

No problem! You could add a notation to the shape from the AWS Architecture > Database shape library - you'll notice that the default text says "table" for the example in the screenshot however this can be edited by double clicking. Alternatively you could drag a table to your canvas from the Tables shape library and add text to resemble your lookup file. 

zntEug0V2Rrp9VAD1xepuQ.png

Lastly if you find a different shape to use as a lookup file (or import your own custom shape) you could group it with a text box and save the shape to a custom shape library. For details on creating advanced custom shapes please see this Help Center article.

Please let me know if I'm misunderstanding your question and I'm happy to continue to work with you to find a solution to your issue!