Skip to main content

I think it is possible in lucidchart to link a shape to another shape on the same process map (not link to another page) but I am not finding any information on how to do this. In the case of a really horizontally lengthy process map I would like to click on a Yes or No option and then it takes me all the way down the page to the next step applicable for that option. In other words eliminate the scrolling and trying to visually follow the line to the next step. Is this possible and if so can you please tell me how to go about it?  Thanks!

Hi Sabrina thanks for reaching out! Unfortunately what you are trying to do is not currently supported in Lucidchart. However we're always looking for ways to improve Lucidchart and your feedback is the best way for us to do that. Would you and anyone else interested in this feature mind adding your idea to our feature request form? Ideas submitted to this form are passed on to the product development team for their consideration.

A feature that might be a viable workaround for your are layers and shape actions. Using these you could assign all steps that are applicable for either “Yes” or “No” to the same layer. Then attach the shape action “Toggle Layers” to the “Yes” and “No” shapes for their respective layer. This will enable you to only show relevant paths depending on the selected option. You can learn more about layers and shape actions in this help center article.