Skip to main content

It seems that lots of people feel that linking from one shape to another shape would be valuable.

I would love to see this feature supported in Lucidchart.  Miro has it and it's made me rethink where I spend my time diagramming.   I'm a power user of Lucidchart and generally love your product but I'll be leaving unless you can support this function. 

Hi Michael thanks for reaching out! Unfortunately what you are trying to do is not currently supported in Lucidchart. However we're always looking for ways to improve Lucidchart and your feedback is the best way for us to do that. Would you and anyone else interested in this feature mind adding your idea to our feature request form? Ideas submitted to this form are passed on to the product development team for their consideration.

A feature that might be a viable workaround are layers and shape actions. Using these you can display shapes on the same page and link them. By using the shape action “Toggle Layers” this allows you to link to shapes in different layers. It will also enable you to only show the shape depending on the selected option. You can learn more about layers and shape actions in this help center article.

This is not a viable workaround for us as we have very dense and complex diagrams that need a laser focused link between shapes.  I'd like to see this feature on in the next two quarters or I will likely start advocating for a switch to Miro.  Thank you.

Hi Michael thanks for replying in this thread. I'm so sorry but the feature isn't supported in Lucidchart at the moment. We can't guarantee that the feature will be available in the next year but it would be great if you could fill in the feature request form. As a growing company we take our feature requests very seriously. We are continuously looking for how we can make our product more useful and effective for our users and we pass that information directly to our product development team. Please let me know if you have any other questions or issues. 

Wow this is ridiculous. I never thought I would miss Visio. 

Lucidchart needs to make this available. 

Hey Virginie

Thanks for letting us hear your voice on this community post! Unfortunately this feature request has not yet been implemented. Echoing what Sylvia has said I recommend filling out the feature request form she linked above. All requests submitted to the form are passed on to the development team for their consideration.

Thank you for your ideas and constructive criticism. We are always actively trying to improve and hearing from our users like all of you here is the best way for us to do that. Thanks again to all--Cheers!