Skip to main content

Hi I'm using the data linking tool to build the hierarchy but for some reason the data showing in the block is a formula not the original text in the table how to solve this problem please ?

Hi Tamara 

Thanks for posting in the Lucidchart Community! I’m sorry for the trouble you are having with data linking and am happy to help! 

Just to make sure that we are on the same page please review our data linking article from the Lucidchart Help Center and let me know if you have any questions about the intended functionality. Please also review this helpful example of Data Linking for a demonstration of the feature in action.

There are a few specific things worth noting when working with data linking:

• If dragging data to a shape the data won’t automatically appear on the shape. The data that is tied to that particular shape will appear above where the data is shown on your right toolbar and you can decide which data you want to actually be displayed by clicking the “T”. To see a demonstration of this check out this Community post.

• Currently our data import size limit is 2MB. 

If none of these resources resolve the issue will you please submit a support ticket here with the following information?

• A screenshot of the issue.

• The URL of the document so that I can take a look.

• The data you are trying to link (Google Sheets Excel or CSV).

Feel free to let me know if you have any further questions. Thanks again for posting!

Hi Cydney 

Thanks for your response much appreciated.

Actually I found that the issue was because the table header in the linked data was in two lines ("New line" key was used there). Once I amended that all solved.

Hi Tamara 

Thank you so much for following up here and letting us know how this issue was resolved. I am sure this will be very helpful for others in the community!

Kind Regards 

Cydney

Hi! 👋 Jumping in here because I think you and others who might come across this post may be interested in Lucid’s Data Trusted User Group. This group is made up of knowledgeable users who regularly analyze and visualize data in their work. As part of this group, you’ll have the opportunity to connect directly with Lucid’s product team, gain early access to beta features, and share insights about your needs, shaping the future of Lucid’s data solutions 🎉 You can learn more and request to join here. Thanks!

Hi there...!! I have question here. 

I have imported my existing Visio template . vsdx ] into Lucid Chart which looks like below - 

I want to link my data from Web page, when I open this template from web, the data should be linked to green /red circle data or Star data wherever applicable.  

How to achieve that? any idea?

Hi @Sheetal, thank you for continuing this thread! Just to confirm, are you trying to add links to your shapes so that when you click on the shape, it will open the web page that you’ve added?

If that is the case, you can easily do this by selecting the shapes and adding the link via the formatting bar. For more details, please see this Add an Action or link to a shape in Lucidchart article from the Lucid Help Center.

I hope this helps. Feel free to let us know if you have any questions!