Skip to main content

I need to link PDF’s in an external network.  The end user wants to store the workflow documents as PDF’s and store them in their local network.  The issue I am running into is that the links are obviously broken (I linked them as URL’s while we documented the processes) when I create the PDF.  I need to know if it is possible to link the PDFs, after they are stored in the network.  And if so how is this done?

Hi @darby0707

Thanks for your post! To help me better understand the issue you are experiencing, would you mind clarifying the following questions? 

• Where are you linking these PDFs? 
  • Is this issue that when you export as a PDF that the links are broken? 
  • Could you provide a screenshot of the issue?
  • Can you clarify what you mean by network?

I appreciate your help and patience!

Hi @darby0707 

When you callout network which is like - \\network\path\to\file.pdf on the intranet ?

Publish or embed a Lucid document – Lucid

Hope this helps - Happy to help further!!
Thank you very much and have a great one!
Warm regards

I have created workflows for my client, and they want to store the PDF version of these workflows in a normal network drive.  Each of their employees would then be able to access the processes (PDF’s) via the network drive.  As we built the workflows the sub processes were linked utilizing the URL option however this will not be an option because of the network.  I need to know if there is another option for linking the associated workflows with a network with the Lucid options.  I believe that I can accomplish this with PDF architect and link the workflows, but I want to see if there is an easier way with Lucid.

Hi @darby0707

Thank you for the reply. I apologize, I don’t quite understand what you are wanting to accomplish. To clarify, are you wanting to link various PDFs in your document? Are you publishing the document or exporting it when giving it to your client? Do you mind providing screenshots of what you are working on or trying to accomplish?