Skip to main content

I have imported a basic 2 columns CSV of 5 rows (that also includes a separate header row) into LucidChart that I want to have represented on a timeline in LucidChart.  Column 1 of the csv includes some sample project names and column 2 includes some sample end-dates for the associated projects.  I've linked the imported CSV data in LucidChart and thus far have tried various LucidChart templates but am unable to have the data loaded from the CSV to appear dynamically in any timeline.

As an example I am trying to have the imported data represented in the LucidChart 'Holiday Timeline' with the 5 dates in my CSV's column 2 represented across the horizontal timeline provided in the Holiday Timeline and the associated project names (from Column 1 of the imported CSV) represented anywhere in the timeline aligned to the specific date.

Although the CSV data has been imported and linked I can't seem to get any of the data to appear dynamically in the template.

How can I get the linked data from the CSV to be dynamically represented in the timeline?

Hi David thanks for posting in the community!

Unfortunately Lucid doesn't support dynamic data linking with timelines. However we're always looking for ways to improve Lucid and your feedback is the best way for us to do that. Would you mind adding your idea to our feature request form? Ideas submitted to this form are passed on to the product development team for their consideration.

Thanks for your request and I apologize for any inconvenience this causes you.