Skip to main content

My vision is to create a template for a work breakdown structure and the description of each element. Ideally that template consists of the WBS itself and then a page for each element describing the scope dates and responsible person. I would then create an action and link each element in the WBS with the corresponding page.

How can I define a single point of data entry. I want to enter all information of that one specific element on the corresponding page I have created for that element. Then I don't want to copy parts of the text to my WBS because I will make errors waste time and create inconsistencies. I want the text I have already entered to "appear" in each element of the WBS structure. What is the best way to do that?

Hi Johannes 

Thanks for posting in the community! The best way to accomplish this would be to combine our data linking feature and our action and hotspot functionality. You can find information on how to import a data set into a Lucidchart document in this Help Center article and on how to use actions or hotspots to create responsive shapes and add interactivity to your diagram in this Help Center article

Additionally you can use one of the WBS templates available in Lucidchart. If you take a look at this blog post it goes through how you can leverage these templates or create your own. Hope this helps!

Please let me know if you have additional questions about this.