Skip to main content

Hello,
I have a document where I am linking objects to specific logic on another page. When I ctrl+shift+click one of the objects it does not always go to the page it’s set to link to. Sometimes it works as expected sometimes it randomly links to a different page.

I found that this seems to be an issue when you duplicate a preexisting off page link object, making a brand new off page link appears to be working as intended.

I’m also having this issue, but I tried the fix @noahL was saying. I created all new pages, not just duplicated pages. Not duplicating them fixed about half of the links, but I have a Lucidchart with about 15 pages and when I export to PDF most of the links are not sending me to the right page.

Hello @noahL and @mking ,

Thank you for posting in the Lucid community!

Could you try opening/exporting your document in a private or incognito window to help us narrow down the potential cause? Could you also try connecting to a different network or disconnecting from your VPN (if applicable)? Sometimes account performance issues can be related to internet security/speed or browser issues. These steps will help us eliminate that possibility. For help with opening an incognito window, please see this community post.

If those don’t resolve the problem, can you please send the following information so I can take a closer look?

- A screenshot of the issue.

- A screenshot of the associated Javascript Console output after reproducing the issue. You can open your Javascript Console by pressing Ctrl+Shift+J (if your computer is a Windows/Linux) OR Cmd+Opt+J (if your computer is a Mac).

Thanks in advance for your help and patience!

Console Window in a InPrivate Window in Edge
The Link in LucidChart

@Michelle S, the link is setup to bring me to a specific page the example here is the “Equipment Correction” page. The link works while I’m in lucidchart and when I Shift + Ctrl + Click it brings me to the correct page. but when I export to PDF, and I click the same button/link on the PDF it brings me to a completely different page. I have about 18 of these page links on my PDF that all work in Lucidchart. But when it is exported only about 5 of them work

Hi @mking , 

Thank you for that information and for sending those screenshots! Can you confirm what browser you are opening your PDF in? Lucidchart is optimized for Google Chrome? Can you open the PDF in Chrome and confirm if the issue persists? 

If that doesn’t fix the issue, can you please send a temporary Support PIN for this document? This will allow me to take a closer look at the issue you’re experiencing. For more information on generating a Support PIN, check out this Help Center article