Skip to main content
Is it possible to create a hyperlink in a MS Office document (Excel in this case) that when clicked opens a specific page in a view-only Lucidchart document?

Or is it possible to do this sort of linking to a Lucidchart document from within a Google doc or sheet?

If this exact thing isn't possible are there any known workarounds for doing something similar?

(I tried adding the Lucidchart Add-In to Excel to see if this offers the functionality I'm looking for but when I try to sign in with my Google account nothing happens when I click the Next button. Also would every user who then works with the file need to have the Add-In installed?)

Thank you!!

Natalie

Thanks for reaching out.  The best way might be to include a link to a published doc.

1. You can publish your doc as a url from within Lucidchart.  We then generate a link for you (you can select privileges) and you can include the link in your doc.  Below I have included more info on how to do this:

1. Click the “Share” button in the top right corner and a menu will appear. You can also click Share > Publish from the Menu bar.

2. Click "Advanced."

Simple Share Dialog

3. Select the "Publish" tab and choose your publishing option(s) from the drop-down menus.

Screen_Shot_2017-03-31_at_3.59.14_PM.png

4. Click on the blue button (“Generate Link” “Publish Page” or “Publish Selection”) to generate a URL you that you can copy and paste.

Note: If you want to publish a selection of a page click “Area Selection” from the drop down menu. Then click and drag your cursor around the area you want to publish.

Thank you for this information. When you publish an Area Selection is that a static image or does the image get updated when the corresponding page in the Lucidchart is edited?

Had a chance to test this and I can see that the image is updated when you make a change to the Lucidchart page. This looks it will work for us. Thanks for your help!

Hey Natalie! Thank you for that information. I'm happy to hear that everything is working smoothly. Happy diagramming!

Hello LucidChart

there are still no changes after 4 years in publishing direct link to specific page of document? it will be usefull to be able to generate link sutch as this...

Thanks for the answer.

Best regards

Jiri 

Hey Jiri 

You can create a link to a specific page of your document by using the Publish feature. Simply click on Share > Publish and then choose your relevant publishing option from the drop-down menu (Single page).

Hope this helps!

Hello Nico

Thnaks for advice I know that there is option like that but I prefere option "Link to page" instead link to page as pdf because:

- if diagram is big then PDF format is not good becuase it split digram to pages and you are not able to uderstand it...

- if diagram contains link to another pages these links stops working in PDF

So base on these facts I'll prefere to add option link to specific page of document.

Best regards

Jiri 

Hi Jiri 

I misunderstood your comment thanks for clarifying.

We're always looking for ways to improve Lucidchart and your feedback is the best way for us to do that. Would you mind adding your idea to our feature request form? Ideas submitted to this form are passed on to the product development team for their consideration.

Thanks for your help!

Hi Nico.

I just need a link to the specific page of the document instead of a link to the first page of document.

I don't what link PDF or image I need a link to lucid chart diagram which is in readonly mode a reader (who's got the link) could go throw all document (all its pages) but start "exploring" on the page which I need.

I hope it is more clear now.

Best regards

Jiri