Skip to main content

i am suddenly getting a rounded box around text added to a line.  How do I turn this off?

Hi Luther thanks for posting in the Lucid community! Can you please respond with a screenshot of what you're referring to? Are you saying that when you attempt to add text to a line as I've done with the word "test" in the example below Lucidchart is automatically created a box around the text?

thanks for the response.  as you can see in the screenshot below the text TEXT has a rounded box around.  formally text added to a line had no box which is preferable.

Hi Luther thanks for your response and for clarifying what you're seeing. So far I haven't been able to reproduce this. In order to help me keep investigating can you please let me know the following information:

• Does this occur only within this document or with any?

• Do you experience this in a brand new document with new shapes?

• Do you experience this with every line in this document/between any shapes?

Thanks for your help and patience!

• Does this occur only within this document or with any?  Only in this document with new lines.  existing lines have no boxes.  this does no happen in other documents

• Do you experience this in a brand new document with new shapes?  No it does not.  But it does happen on new pages within this document

• Do you experience this with every line in this document/between any shapes?  Yes it happens regardless of the shape used in this document.

BTW this is a very large document with 22 pages that I have been working on for several months.  I did not see this action until today.

Hi Luther thanks for the detailed response. This is not intended behavior and does seem specific to this document. Can you try duplicating your document to see if the issue persists in the copy? Please try in the following two ways:

1. From your open document choose File > Duplicate. 

2. Create a new blank document then select all of the objects in your original document and use Ctrl/Cmd+C then Ctrl/Cmd+V to copy and paste the shapes into the new one. 

Please let me know if the behavior persists in the copies!

Hi Micah B 

I got the same problem yesterday when doing a drawing I think I turned something on but don't know how to reset it.

Ger

Hi Ger thanks for continuing this thread! I have an update to share here - this is in fact a setting within the Line Options menu. By toggling on Text Pill as shown in the screenshot below you can apply a pill outline to any text added to the line in question. 

I hope this is helpful and apologies for any confusion from this thread! Please let me know if you have additional questions.