Skip to main content

I am trying to build a flow chart and have multiple lines that I want to snap in to one and fan them out at some point.

There is just the one line that seam to not want to snap in place and i dont know how I can force the line snap to happen?

Hi there

Thanks for posting in the Lucidchart Community! I recommend taking a look at this article in the Lucidchart Help Center for instructions on modifying the path of your lines. This should provide some helpful tips for keeping your lines organized and formatted correctly! If this does not answer your questions entirely please let me know. 

I went through that article and this only "kinda" answers the question. I want one entry point from a line and multiple exit points. When I edit the style of that line I want them all to be effected by that change.

With Chase's answer you don't get that. Instead of one line with multiple exits he gives you multiple lines that you just kinda hide by laying them on top of each other. That's not what I want though because it's harder to manage. Plus when you need to move a large chunk of line the others will need to be individually moved.

A work around I found it to have one line be the main path then...at one of your exit points click on the shape and drag it's arrow to your main line. The arrow will be facing the wrong way so swap the end points and then it's kinda done. I say kinda because the second line will follow and stick with the main line but it won't take the settings you saved for the first line like if it's dotted.