Skip to main content
Solved

Line lables not showing up + cant add formula (get #error)

• 9 August 2024
  • 1 reply

ive have always had the same work flow,  i take a network switch map from visio,  import into lucid.

as of recently the line numbers (text on the line connectors) are not showing up in lucid.  I know they used to as i have many maps with 100s of them. (same flow, UVexplorer → visio → lucid)  Same versions of both UVexplorer and visio.

I have even tried now importing those exact same vsdx files (that were used in the past for lucid charts that do still have the line labels), and i still only get the connected lines, but no line labels.

All of the shape data is there, but the lines are blank (just lines no labels).

as i work around, i figured i could use this formula:

{{=THIS."IF Name"}}

(or the @.”IF Name”)  to label the lines,  and it works, BUT ONLY if double click a line.  hit type =,  wait for the box, then manually type out the text (ie any pasting anywhere, and i end up with #error as the label).

any idea on these 2x issues?   (see video below that better shows the 2nd issue)

thanks

why cant i quickly add this formula to lines?

Hi @lucid J, thanks for posting in the Lucid Community! Let me look into the formula a bit further, but in the meantime, there are a few things we can do to see if we can get your document to import the text on your line connectors. 

Could you try uploading a different file type, such as vdx, .vsdx, .vsd, to see if any of the types perform better? Please let me know if the issue persists!