Skip to main content

I am losing my mind trying to mange the lines in my drawing. They start out straight from the end point then when correcting the spaces to look neat they begin to jump and lose the original placement. Once they get into the curly stage all is lost and have to create a new line. then after creating the new line another line will go curly. It's been 2 hours now and this will not go straight. Tried holding shift control and different options but I am losing this battle. Is there a way get the lines under control that I am not seeing online? 

In the attached picture I was finally able to get Blue back to straight but NIC2 started to curl and just left it. But after finally getting the red lines how I would like them when completing the last line they all jumped to this configuration.

Hi there thanks for commenting in our community! There are a few specific things worth noting when working with lines:

• If you hover over an object on the canvas clicking the red dot that appears will allow you to drag a line from that object. If the red dot doesn’t appear that means your line connections aren’t on-- you can turn them on in your Page Settings.

• If you want your lines to automatically adjust connection points to form the most efficient path between the two objects you will want to use Smart Lines. The gifs in this article can show you how to do this.

• If your lines are not appearing as you expect WebGL might be causing an issue with the graphics card on your computer. Can you try toggling WebGL off? This can be done by going to View > Rendering > Use WebGL and un-selecting this option.

If the lines are still giving you grief let me know and I would be happy to help.