Skip to main content

Hello community 

I have published a lucidchart with layers. When I click the layers they turn on and off (appear / disappear)

When I click Layer 1 it disappears and Layer 2 appears. When I click Layer 2 it disappears and Layer 1 appears.

However sometimes layer 2 disappears and layer 1 does not appear leaving me with nothing to click to bring it back. I have to refresh the page. Has anyone encountered a similar problem? Or am I the problem?

I have shown an example in the video here. Please let me know! Thanks in advance!

Hi Sam

Thanks for the post. I can not reproduce the same issue in testing but it seems like your browser is struggling a bit on those changes between layers. I would recommend starting by making sure your browser is fully updated and ideally your using either Firefox or Chrome. Let me know if that does not solve the issue we can always do a deeper dive on the document itself. 

Hi Karsten

I've tried on multiple computers and using Chrome. Unfortunately the same issue has cropped up. I'm learning with Layers though so it's possible I've done something strange. A deeper dive would be great...could I book a call with you?

Hi all apologies for confusion but just realised what was happening...

I had set an action to both the box and the text within the box which meant that when I clicked the box around the text the box didn't disappear but when I clicked directly on the text the box disappeared. 
This made it seems as though the box was disappearing at random. Please refer to my link earlier in the thread to see an example of this.

Note: the text with appear with a dotted blue line underneath it when an action has been assigned to it.

Any further clarification needed feel free to reach out. Cheers Sam